WhatsApp is the most used mobile messenger app in the world. As of the time of writing, there are more than 2 billion WhatsApp users worldwide. More than 100 billion messages are sent using WhatsApp every day. [Source: Backlinko]
Its popularity lies in the fact that it can be used by both Android and iPhone users. WhatsApp has also replaced SMS and regular calls, as it enables users to message and call their loved ones for free.
Changing your WhatsApp ringtone enables you to differentiate between regular calls and WhatsApp calls.
Here’s how you can change your WhatsApp ringtone on both Android and iPhone.
On iOS 10 and above
On iPhone, you can only select the ringtones that come with the app. Simply choose your ringtone via WhatsApp Settings > Notifications. Here, you can choose custom ringtones for group messages, individual messages and Whatsapp Calls.
You can also choose custom ringtones for specific contacts.
- Go to your iPhone’s Contacts App.
- Choose the contact that you want to set a custom ringtone for.
- Tap on Edit, choose the ringtone and restart your phone.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- Tap on Settings and (top right corner).
- Select Notifications.
- Under Notifications, there are different categories, which are Messages, Groups and Calls.
- Scroll down to Calls and tap on Ringtone